VP Commodity Owner
Sparta Commodities is a Swiss VC backed Startup with subsidiaries in Spain, UK, and US. Sparta focuses on providing only actionable pricing and insights to commodity traders. It has the ambition to digitise the market and to become the leading end-to-end platform for traders in all commodity verticals.
Following initial customer traction and the financial backing from Venture Investors the company is on a path to scale globally. As the company prepares to take off, we need an experienced and entrepreneurial VP to lead, grow and manage a team of Commodity Owners.
The Commodity Owners will be the architects of new product development across the oil barrel and on into other commodity sectors. The team will be the industry experts within Sparta and provide the guidelines to both the CTO and Product Owners to develop the features and tools the traders need to make faster and better decisions and will be assisted by consultants (ex-traders).
You will also work closely with the VP Research to find ways of combing our new data with external sourced data to provide analysis to our users. We expect a hands-on attitude with the ability to roll up your sleeves and execute solutions.
To set up and execute a strategy to recruit only A-Players to the Commodity Owner team within the first 3 months that fit with Sparta’s growth from Gasoline focused tools into Distillate, Naphtha, Crude, Fuel Oil and on into other commodity sectors. You will need to ensure that each Commodity Owner designs, creates, implements, and owns the architecture and Roadmap of Sparta’s product offering that will attract at least 30-50 users in the first 3 years after start for each of their specific areas.
- Ensure that 120 days after start date each Commodity Owner has developed a MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- The MVP is based on customer needs.
- There is a comprehensive plan for the MVP that will allow the Product Owners to develop it.
- The Data Team can secure the required data feeds.
- Ensure that 6 months after start date each Commodity Owner has developed a 3-year Product strategy
- Each Commodity Owner has, based on user feedback, developed a clear roadmap for their specific product development.
- Each Commodity Owner is working closely with the Data Team to ensure users receive their desired outcomes on quantitative analysis and market predictions.
- Ensure that 6 months after start date you have created a forward plan with input from the COO and CEO of the commodity areas of focus and timing for the next 3-years.
- Identify and recruit the right Consultants to bring their expertise on the areas of focus.
- Identify and recruit the right Commodity Owners for each new commodity.
- Top-Grade the Light Ends Commodity Owner team globally by end of year two
- Hire the required A- Player talent in Europe to assist you on planning and execution.
- Hire the required A- Player talent in the US to assist you on planning and execution.
- Hire the required A- Player talent in Asia to assist you on planning and execution.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 100% remote working in Switzerland, UK or Spain
- Company Stock Option plan
- Training and education budget
Employment Status: Full-time
Job Location: 100% Remote (Switzerland, UK or Spain)