Customer Success Manager
Given our business model, where our customers pay us over time, Customer Success is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are receiving massive value from our service. As such, we need an executive to own driving success for our customers. This role includes responsibilities for customer Success activities (e.g., on-boarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.) and outcomes (e.g., renewals, up-sell, etc.).
Expected Customer Success Outcomes
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability.
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn.
- Improve product roadmap definition in collaboration with product team.
Define & improve customer lifecycle:
- Map customer journey (usage, satisfaction etc).
- Standardize interventions for each point in journey.
- Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Learn from best practices in industry.
Day to day customer success activities:
- New Customer Onboarding
- Training and educating existing customers on the flexibilities and capabilities of the existing and new features.
- Point of contact for Customer Support and liaison with Tech team.
- Collaborate with sales team on Up-selling/Cross-selling.
Customer success metrics:
- Define operational metrics for team.
- Establish system for tracking metrics.
- Create cadence for review within team.
- Expose subset of metrics to executive team, company and board
Manage customer success platforms:
- Digital product analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel etc)
- CRM tools (Hubspot)
- Support systems
- Reference and advocacy solutions (Ambassify etc)
- Customer Success Management platform (Totango, Frontapp etc)
Customer Success Across Company:
- Create, together with CEO, a company-wide culture of Customer Success.
- Align Marketing content and campaigns to existing customers in collaboration Marketing team.
- Align with Product team around driving product roadmap.
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with a retention focus.
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting.
- Align with Executive Team around key metrics and objectives.
- Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer
- Facilitate company-wide customer feedback loop
- 3-5 years’ experience in a customer facing role.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic, curious, creative, and inquisitive.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
- Fluent in English mandatory.
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 3-5 years
Job Location: 100% Remote (EU Timezone)