Senior Data Engineer
About the job
Sparta is looking to expand its data engineering capabilities. We are looking for Senior/Lead Data Engineers to work alongside our VP of Data, data team, and development teams to refine and optimise our current data ingestion, ETL, and cleansing models.
The day-to-day work involves building new data ingestion pipelines using Python, SQL and AWS; data wrangling, management and standardisation; data quality analysis and cleansing; and applying best practices in software development.
In the future we are planning to utilise our big data to build machine learning models and uncover hidden insights, but first, we must build a good foundation to ensure our long-term success.
You will get to influence our cloud data infrastructure design, take ownership of end-to-end data projects, and liaise with other parts of the business to ensure we can leverage our data to create value for our clients.
- You currently have the rights to work in the UK/Spain/Switzerland
- You have worked as a data engineer/software engineer/data architect for a minimum of 3-5 years
- You strive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- You can collaborate in teams as well as working with self-initiatives
- You are happy to mentor junior team members
- You can lead a team of engineers towards success
- You are experienced in designing and productionising solutions for complex problems
- You can work remotely and take ownership of your work
- You seek to continuously improve processes and find the most optimal way to solve problems
- You can communicate fluently in English
- Extensive experience with Python for ingesting, manipulating and loading data
- Expertise in using SQL to query, standardise, extract and load data
- Knowledge of Big Data/streaming data frameworks, with practical experience in architectural design and data warehousing solutions
- Practical experience of modern software engineering techniques and best practices
- Proven experience in version control, CI/CD, unit test, integration test, functional test, and writing documentation
- Experience in real-time/streaming data ETL (kafka preferred)
- Expertise in using Unix / Linux at the command line to perform software development and maintenance
- Practical experience in AWS cloud services
- Expert understanding of relational databases and a good understanding of NoSql databases
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience in MLOps
- Knowledge in productionising Data Science models
- Good understand of data governance and security
- Experience in data monitoring (e.g. Datadog)
- Experience in the trading/fintech industry
What do we offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Training and education budget
- Company Stock Option plan
- Co-Working space available in London
- 100% remote working
Employment Status: Full-time
Job Location: 100% Remote (UK/Spain/Switzerland)
Salary: £60-80K depending on experience