Sparta is looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer to help us build out the future of our commodity trading application. The role will be integral to organising the system for data acquisition and processing. You will assist in selecting, designing and implementing data warehouses for different requirements, extracting and normalising large datasets from different sources and analysing the performance of data storage and queries. You will be putting your talent to use from day 1 in order to extract valuable insights from the acquired data using a range of technologies. Your ideas can quickly become production features as we are a fast-paced collaborative company. This position is 100% remote.
- At least 4-5 years of experience working as a Data engineer
- Experience with Python for receiving, manipulating and storing real-time data.
- Extensive experience in SQL
- Experience in extracting large data sets from different sources, standardising them and storing them for use
- An advanced level of English: Sparta is a multinational company. The product team is based in Spain, but it also operates in Switzerland, the UK and theUSA, and lots of meetings are in English.
- Experience in the trading or fintech world
- Worked in a start-up during its growth phase
- Company stock options
- Flexible work hours
- 23 days of holidays
- Formation and conferences budget
- Team gatherings
Employment Status: Full-time
Job Location: 100% Remote (EU Timezone)